Re: ps size

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 10:23:50 MDT

If you want the PS output to fit on a larger page, try the gsnPaperWidth and gsnPaperHeight resources.

See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/resize.shtml#ex5

If you really want to set the wkDeviceXXXX resources, I believe you need to set these when you create the workstation:

  wtype = "ps"
  wtype@wkDeviceLowerX = ...
  wtype@wkDevice...
  wks = gsn_open_wks(wtype,"file")

You then also need to make sure you don't set gsnMaximize, because this will cause the device coordinates
to be recalculated.

You can also set the device coordinates later, after the plot has been created, if you need to tweak the values. To
do this, use a "setvalues" block:

  setvalues wks
    "wkDeviceLowerX" : <some integer value here>
    "wkDeviceLowerY" : <some integer value here>
    "wkDeviceUpperX" : <some integer value here>
    "wkDeviceUpperY" : <some integer value here>
  end setvalues

--Mary