Calculate height at model grid points?

From: <Maurice.McHugh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 08:35:45 MST

Dear NCLers,

I have to calculate height in m above sea level for 3-dimensional atmospheric grid points in model output that currently have hybrid coordinates, but can be changed to pressure levels.
I have standard atmospheric 3-d output from a non-WRF model as well as output from a surface model.

Are there any NCL functions that can do this for us? I see that dz_height may do something like what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,

Maurice