delete old memary

From: Mark Chan <cym263_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 13:13:20 MST

Hi

This is a piece of NCL script, which produced the warning messages (below). I
know the warning messages are from, e.g. "delete(res@tmXBLabels)". However,
without this "delete()" here there will be error message (following warning
message below). Actually I have a loop in the script so this piece of NCL
script will be used several times, so the error message could be from the memary
of last run. My question is how to delete the old memary without producing
warning message?

      if (max(time).ge.365) then
          res@tiMainString = "daily: " + fili(nf)
          yyyyddd  = year*1000 + time
          yyyymmdd = yyyyddd_to_yyyymmdd( yyyyddd  )
          yyyyFrac = yyyymmdd_to_yyyyfrac(yyyymmdd, 0.0)
          delete(res@tmXBLabels)
          delete(res@tmXBValues)
          res@tmXBLabels        =  tostring(year)
          res@tmXBValues        =  year
          plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks, yyyyFrac, vals, res)
      end if

warning:Attempt to reference attribute (tmXBLabels) which is undefined
warning:Attempt to reference attribute (tmXBValues) which is undefined

--------error message without delete()---------------------
fatal:Dimension size of attribute and right-hand side of assignment do not match
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 96 in file my_Line.ncl

Mark