Re: lat-lon projection wrong in NCL

From: Sho Kawazoe <shomtm62_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Nov 21 2010 - 07:24:50 MST

Hello Jonathan

 a) Please post the script to the NCL talk thread in case someone has better
ideas.
 b) Just by looking at your script, I noticed a few things (although I have
not worked with WRF data before)

   - Try and use only one mpOutlineBoundarySets (your opening up two right
   now). This will probably not make a difference, as it'll just use the latter
   as a primary boundary sets.
   - Move your co calculation ABOVE all your plotting schemes. Currently,
   your opening up a map without an input data (so it'll plot whatever it
   defaults to, which may be the plot of the Prime Meridian), performing a file
   input/calculations, then specifying some other plotting features (which is
   probably the area in the plot with the actual data).
   - Keep your resource (like mpres and opts) consistent throughout the
   plotting technique). So after your input the file and do calculations, use
   mpres as your primary resource identifier, instead of changing it around.
   This may also be causing two plots at once. I've always kept all my resource
   identifier as "res@......"
   - Plot using software like Ferret to identify roughly what your plot
   should look like as a basis.
   - Maybe try and use the corners or the maxLatF/LonF method to zoom to the
   area your looking for. There are plenty of examples of this online.

Please let me know if these help. I 'm interested to see your outcome. I
still have less than a year of real NCL experience (again, non with WRF
data), so I may be totally wrong.

Sho Kawazoe