[Fwd: Re: Looking for this error...]

From: <sbasu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 17:01:27 MST

Subject: Re: Looking for this error...
From: sbasu@iarc.uaf.edu
Date: Fri, December 3, 2010 3:00 pm
To: "Erick Rivera Lemus" <lemus@marine.rutgers.edu>

Hi,

You can use something like this to give it necessary co ordinates
information because probably NCL does not know what are you plotting.
if the dataset you are plotting is something like 128 x 256 instead of
[lat]128 x [lon]256 then you will get this sort of error.
you can use "printVarSummary(u,v)" to check that.

To solve that you can use
copy_VarCoords(z500, eke_var)

this example here copy co ordinates from z500 to eke_var given both have
same dimensions.

Thanks,
Soumik

Erick Rivera Lemus wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have attach a script that I am running to plot surface currents. I am
also attaching the netcdf file.

> Basically when I run the script it is able to plot the region that I
give it, but it spits out the following error.

> (0) check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
> (0) A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
equal to one of the following values:
> (0) 'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north'
'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg north'
(0) check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
> (0) A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
equal to one of the following values:
> (0) 'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east'
'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'degreesE' 'deg east'

> I am not sure, why is this, since they data has the latitude and
longitude in the right format.
> I have work before with this similar script and it work fine with a
larger region. The only difference is a smaller region.

> Any input on this will be appreciate it.
>
> Cheers,
> Erick Rafael Rivera Lemus
> Software Technician
> Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
> Coastal Ocean Observation Laboratory
>
> Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
> 71 Dudley Road New Brunswick, NJ 08901 Phone: 732-932-6555 ext. 503 Fax:
732-932-1821
> Cell: 617-447-5106

*************************************
Soumik Basu