Questions on boxplot for Missing Value, Thanks!

From: Xiaoming Sun <xiaoming.sun_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Dec 05 2010 - 21:57:21 MST

 Dear All,

 I am using boxplot in NCL, however, when there is FillValues, the boxplot
function will give the following information,
 fatal:The result of the conditional expression yields a missing value.
NCL can not determine branch, see ismissing function

 I need to keep these fillvalues, since the boxplot function only take 2D
array as the "y" matrix as documented at
 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Shea_util/boxplot.shtml.
 Thus, it looks each line of y corresponding to one data set. However,
each line of y in my data is not equal, such that I need to keep some
values as missing values to make each line has the same length to be a 2D
array.

 Could anybody please give some help on this?

 Thanks a lot,

 Best Regards,

 Xiaoming