memory issue: user error?

From: James Correia <jimmyc42_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 15 2010 - 15:07:58 MST

Hi-
I am running an ncl script that opens stage 4 precipitation grib files. I
need to open about 3000 files, but for each iteration the memory grows. I am
deleting every variable except for two arrays which accumulate the
precipitation. I do not think these two arrays (/6,881,1121/) in
accumulating mode should be the root cause for a 25 MB increase in memory
usage per file.

Does anyone have advice on how to check for the cause of accumulating
memory?

The views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect those of NOAA,
the National Weather Service, or the University of Oklahoma.