Re: checking index locations in a long number

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 28 2010 - 08:01:46 MST

Hi Jeff,

If this variable is a long (it might be too big to be an integer), you can convert to a string and then use str_get_cols to extract the pieces you need.

For example:

  vars = (/2001111988555l,2001121988555l,2001131988555l/)
  print(vars)
  svars = "" + vars
  print(svars)
  jjj = toint(str_get_cols(svars,4,6)) ; index count starts at 0
  print(jjj)

--Mary