Re; State boundaries

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 13:30:41 MST

Hi Jorge,

If you have a shapefile of the features you want to draw, checkout the shapefiles' examples page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

Perhaps example #3 in particular, if all you want to do is draw features (versus, draw/fill based upon database queries).

Hope that helps...
Rick

Hi, I'm setting up domains to run WRF in Colombia, South America. I want to be sure domains are well defined, so I'm using NCL graphics to check them. Unfortunately, the maps provided by NCARG are very generic in South America and only include the country boundaries but not state boundaries. Where can I find them? or can I introduce them into NCL scripts? I have them as shapefiles from GIS. Any idea how?

thanks in advance for your help.

Jorge E. Pachon
Ph.D. Candidate
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
311 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30332-0512
404-324-3398