How do the "climatology functions" treat missing values?

From: eddycarl <eddycarl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 12:56:42 MST

Hi there,

I have a question about the use of the "climatology" functions (such as calcMonAnomTLL, reMonAnnCycTLL and clmMonTLL). They do require that the time dimension of the input data MUST be a multiple of 12. But I am wondering how these functions treat the missing values?
Let's take an example. Assuming that we have a temperature data TEMPT1(time, lat, lon) with time range from March 2001 to December 2005 (a total of 58 months). In order to use the above functions, we generate a new array TEMPT2(time, lat, lon) ranging from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2005 (a total of 60 months), with the first two months (Jan. 2001 and Feb. 2001) setting as all missing values, and the following months as the same with TEMPT1. In this way, we can use the above functions. But my question is that how the functions like clmMonTLL treat those missing values? Or, is this the correct way to do the problem when we do not have an exact number of months (which should be a multiple of 12) for the function?
Thanks,

-Eddy