Re: Error message for WRAPIT

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 15:01:03 MST

I assume you used

%> WRAPIT precipitation.f

==========

WRAPIT is telling you that it can not find the gfortran compiler.
Wrapit looks in 'standard' places. If not present, you get this message.

What fortran compiler do you use>

If you do

%> WRAPIT -h

[SNIP]
OPTION: -fPIC is used to compile with the '-fPIC' option.

------------------------ Linux Compilers ---------------------------
The default linux fortran compiler is the GNU gfortran compiler. If
your system has one of the supported linux fortran compilers you must
specify which one you want to use by the appropriate command line
option, otherwise the gfortran compiler will be used.
The supported linux fortran compilers are the Portland Group
(pgf90), the Lahey/Fujitsu (lf95), and the g95 compiler (g95),
and the Intel compiler (ifc/ifort).
OPTION: -pg to specify the Portland Group compiler.
OPTION: -lf to specify the Lahey/Fujitsu compiler.
OPTION: -in to specify the Intel compiler.
OPTION: -g95 to specify the g95 compiler.
OPTION: -gf to specify the gfortran compiler.
OPTION: -g77 to specify the old g77 compiler.

<snip>

The default is 'gf'

If (say) you have the intel compiler

%> WRAPIT -in precipitation.f

On 01/13/2011 02:35 PM, Manisha Ganeshan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using wrap it for the first time, so I am not sure if I am doing it
> right, but I get the following error message when I try compiling.
>
> WRAPIT Version: 100111
> COMPILING precipitation.f
> LINKING
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgfortran
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> END WRAPIT
>
> Please help me figure out what to do.
>
> Nisha

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |