fields in legend

From: Fang, Fan (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] <fan.fang-1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 05:17:30 MST

Is there a resource to control the size of lines, texts, etc. fields in the legend of an xy-plot under lgAutoManage, such as in your examples below? Basically I want to reduce the lengths of the lines and leave more space for the text strings explaining the line types. We found that the fonts of the text is reduced to illegible when the string is too long under lgAutoManage - do I have to set it to "False"?

Thanks.

-Fan

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/leg_9_2_lg.png
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/leg_11_2_lg.png