Re: wrf_user_intrp3d interpolation scheme

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 09:44:08 MST

The WRF project provided the function to which you are referring.
I have cc'd them.

On 01/27/2011 08:03 PM, Song Guiting (Dr) wrote:
> Dear NCL users,
>
> When I use “wrf_user_intrp3d” to vertically interpolate my wrfoutXXX.ncl
> from eta level data to pressure level data, I am curious that how NCL
> make this interpolation. Is it linearly interpolation or other kinds of
> interpolation? I looked through the function script in WRFUserARW.ncl
> about wrf_user_intrp3d, however, in the interpolation part, it use
> another two functions to make this interpolation: wrf_interp_2d_xy or
> wrf_interp_3d_z.
>
> Is there anybody familiar with this interpolation? Please explain for me
> a little so that I can better understand how NCL works.
>
> Thanks!
>
> With Best regards,
>
> Song Guiting
>
> School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
> Nanyang Technological University
> SPMS-04-19, 21 Nanyang Link
> Singapore 637371
> Tel.: (+65) 6513 7413
>
> Email: guitingsong@ntu.edu.sg

> CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named
> and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose
> its content. Thank you.
>
> Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |