Re: x86_64 for OS X?

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 21:54:57 MST

Hi Simon,

I think we do provide 64 bit binaries for Mac OS X 10.6. They just do not have "x86_64" in the name. Try getting ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421.tar.gz, which is described as "NCL 5.2.1 binary for 64-bit Intel Mac (MacOS 10.6)". If that is what you already have, you can verify that it is 64 bit by starting NCL and typing

print(sizeof("long"))

If it prints "8" then you have a 64 bit binary.
 -dave