Re: if statement / isinteger

From: Jatin Kala <J.Kala_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 20:38:50 MST

Use the floattointeger function ??

From: ncl-talk-bounces@ucar.edu [mailto:ncl-talk-bounces@ucar.edu] On
Behalf Of Paula Doubrawa Moreira
Sent: Friday, 28 January 2011 11:37 AM
To: Dennis Shea; ncl-talk@ucar.edu
Subject: Re: if statement / isinteger

Sorry the do just entered in the email, I don't actually have it in the
script. My problem is that it's returning False, not True...

I want x to be always an odd whole number, so say x=12.3

xround = round(x,0) will be 12

a = xround/2 will be 6, except even though it's a whole
number, it's still not an integer, it's a "float" like x was originally.

So when I test with isinteger it gives me False and doesn't execute the
statement. Intuitively I though the number would "convert itself" to
integer if it was a whole number but of course it stays what it is. I
just wanted to add 1 if my number was even, because I only wanna work
with odds.

Any easier way to sort between odds/evens?

Thanks!