Re: Given a string time stamp need to add hours

From: Carl Schreck <Carl.Schreck_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 10:16:35 MST

There may be a simpler way, but you can do it with ut_inv_calendar and
ut_string. See the attached example.

Hope you keep the sleet down there. We've had more than our fair share of
winter here in NC!

   Cheers,
   Carl

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM, donna Cote <d-cote@tamu.edu> wrote:

> I could use help with this. It's sleeting outside and my brain seems to
> be just about as frozen as my car's windshield!
>
> I have a time stamp, in a string:
>
> Variable: timestring
> Type: string
> Total Size: 4 bytes
> 1 values
> Number of Dimensions: 1
> Dimensions and sizes: [1]
> Coordinates:
> 2010-06-01T00:00
>
> And I have a number of hours, which, in this example = 12
>
> (0) Variable Name: Time
> (0) 1 Dimensions:
> (0) 0) Time: 1
> (0) long_name: Elapse Time
> (0) units: hour
> (0) FORTRAN_format: i8
> (0) start: 2010-06-01 00:00:00
> (0) FORM: YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss
>
> How do I get a timestamp created that will give me
> 2010-06-01T12:00:00 (timestring + Time(0)) ??
>
> Thanks, Donna

Carl J. Schreck III, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS-NC)
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
Tel: 828-257-3140