Request to NCL users regarding problems with scripts and/or data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 14:56:08 MST

This is a request to NCL users who have problems with running an NCL script or opening a data file using NCL or one of its tools (ncl_convert2nc).

If you can provide a link to the NCL script and/or data file(s) in your initial email, this will save us a lot of time. You can attach the files to the email message if the total size is under about 1.5 megabytes.

If sending an NCL script, please clean it up as much as possible so we can run it as is. Messy scripts are time-consuming to debug!

If there's an error message, send us the exact error message, and not just "my script won't run".

If you don't have a place to put the file(s), then you can use our ftp account. Please only use this as a last resort:

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
<Use your email address as the password>
cd incoming
put <name of first file>
put <name of second file>
. . .
quit

We will need to know the exact name of the files in order to download them.

Thanks for your consideration.

--Mary Haley
haley@ucar.edu
NCL Project Lead