XY plot in polar coordinates

From: Chris Fletcher <chris.fletcher_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2011 - 17:24:38 MST

I am trying to make an XY plot in polar coordinates (r,theta space) and I was wondering how to do this in NCL? Perhaps there is some way to achieve this by combining gsn_csm_map_polar (without plotting the map) and gsn_add_polymarker?

(Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere; I found some previous NCL help posts from 2003 where others were asking about this, but I couldn't see anything more recent).

Thanks
Chris