Re: About using betainc function

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 15:17:12 MST

You do not put the significance level directly
into the incomplete beta func

First you calculate the t-statistic

  t = r*sqrt((Nr-2)/(1-r^2))

See for example the Description section of:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/rtest.shtml

NCL follows the same approach outlined in "Numerical Recipies"
in the "Statistical Description of Data" [Linear Correlation]