Re: NCL-VAPOR-WRF

From: <Maurice.McHugh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 07:57:25 MST

Hi Michael,

A colleague and I have been trying to convince VAPOR to ingest RegCM data, but due to the fact that we cannot readily transform our data into the required dimensionality that VAPOR demands we cannot get the data looking good. WRF data waltzes onto VAPOR and displays beautifully. It looks like we need to figure out how to extract from RegCM the base and perturbation geopotentials so that we can get the elevation of RegCM output (in meters) to properly display our data.

We've gone back and forth with VAPOR support and, while they seem like wonderful people and are very responsive, they've been unable to assist us with this issue.

HTH,

Maurice