Re: NGSETI error in vector plots

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 15:10:39 MDT

Hi Steve (and Rick),

The problem is simply that the value passed to the NGSETI routine was not being initialized properly if
it turned out that no vectors were eligible (for whatever reason) to be plotted. In Dave Allured's case
it was because the minimum magnitude was set greater than all the vectors. In your case it is
because no vector pass through your where function without getting set to a fill value.

I have fixed it and will check it in very soon. However, I am still thinking about Dave Allured's suggestions
for better reporting of this condition. Sorry that it was overlooked for so long. Note however, that this has
not ever been considered a true error condition. It is a zero field, although I can see that could be argued
when it results from the user eliminating otherwise eligible vectors.
 -dave