Re: read speed for ascii vs .nc

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2011 - 09:43:38 MDT

Hi John,

I don't know about your question regarding state boundaries and RANGS/GSHHS. However, if you have a shapefile in hand, you might take a look at example #1 at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

This particular example and shapefile combo runs in almost negligible time.

Hope that helps...
Rick