Re: [ncarg-talk] Plotting across International Dateline

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2011 - 15:39:36 MDT

Dear Eowyn,

This question is more appropriate for ncl-talk than ncarg-talk, so I've CC'ed that group here.

You didn't indicate what kind of plotting you're doing (contours, polygons, polylines, vectors, etc),
and what you mean by "causes the whole globe to plot". Are you saying that you can't get
your map plot to be zoomed in on the area of interest, or is your data not being zoomed
in correctly?

If this is purely a map issue, then one fix might be to set mpCenterLonF to the center of the area
you want to look at (some value between 100E and 10W).

If this is more of a data issue, then it would help if you can provide the data as you suggested, an image showing the problem, and what variable you're trying to plot.

You can put the data on anonymous ftp:

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
<login as anonymous with your email address as the password>
cd pub
put ...your file...
quit

I will need to know the exact name of your file in order to retrieve it.

Thanks,

--Mary