Re: drawing vertical cross section charts from GRIB files

From: Leung Samuel <shwl0608_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 05:14:40 MDT

Dennis,

Thanks for your reply! So I think I need not use vinth2p...

Now what if I want to plot a cross section along NW-SE direction? (example
attached)

Can gsn_csm_pres_hgt_vector and gsn_csm_pres_hgt work with this style of
plot?

And, for the function gsn_csm_pres_hgt_vector, do I have to put the
parameter zcomp? I saw some of the examples from website use omega, but I do
not have such attribute in my data source. Can I use east-west (u) component
of wind to replace it when working on press/height vs latitude plot?

Thanks,
Samuel Leung