reading in multiple tables in text file

From: Christopher Steele <christopher.steele_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2011 - 08:21:44 MDT

Hi

I'm attempting to read in some data that's in an unusual format.
Essentially, the file consists of a series of tables, each with their own
list of settings preceding them and each table is of alternating, but known
lengths. So essentially I have:

Wattisham Airfield
*profiler settings
(both string and numeric
format)
*Table header
table*

*Wattisham Airfield* *etc*.

*Is there a way in ncl to find all of the strings labelled "Wattisham
airfield", and process through each table in a loop to extract the relevant
data? Or, can anyone suggest a possible method that I may adopt?

thanks

Chris