wmbarb not working with Lambert Conformal projection

From: <antti.pessi_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 11:51:16 MDT

Hello,

I'm trying to plot observed wind barbs using wmbarb on a gridded model
map. My map resources are following:

  res1@mpProjection = "LambertConformal"

  res1@mpLambertParallel1F = lat2d@Latin1

  res1@mpLambertParallel2F = lat2d@Latin2

  res1@mpLambertMeridianF = lat2d@Lov

  res1@mpLimitMode = "Corners"

  res1@mpLeftCornerLatF = lat2d@corners(0)

  res1@mpLeftCornerLonF = lon2d@corners(0)

  res1@mpRightCornerLatF = lat2d@corners(2)

  res1@mpRightCornerLonF = lon2d@corners(2)

  res1@tfDoNDCOverlay = True

If I comment out the first four lines, the wmbarb works just fine and
plots the barbs correctly. However, that way I get a distorted map with
straight latitude and longitude lines. If I run the code as above,
wmbarb doesn't plot anything. I tried wmbarbmap as well but that didn't
work either.

Are there some settings that would make the wmbarb to work with Lambert
projection?

Thanks,

Antti Pessi