Re: Multiple plot outputs

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 08 2011 - 21:38:17 MDT

Use draw() and frame() between pages, without closing the PDF
"workstation". This should be done automatically by the plot
command, for simple plots, unless contradicted by certain settings.
  For a nice simple example, download the code for maponly_2 from
this page, change "ps" to "pdf" in the gsn_open_wks function call,
and run it:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml

The following setting *disables* the automatic page advance,
although it is essential for some kinds of overlay features, such as
weather symbols and paneling.

   res@gsnFrame = False

This is discussed a little on the page for "frame", though not in
the context of a PDF file. When you need this resource, use an
explicit frame() command at the end of each page cycle, following
one or more plot commands. Good luck.

--Dave