Re: plotting satellite brightness temperatures

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 17:57:18 MDT

  nrow = numAscciRow("sat.txt")
  ncol = 3 ; lat, lon, value

  data = asciiread ("sat.txt" , (/nrow,ncol/), "float")
  lat = data(:,0)
  lon = data(:,1)
  val = data(:,2)

If data has any missing values, they you must set
  val@_FillValue = ....

  :
  res@sfXArray = lon ; data(:,0)
  res@sfYArray = lat ; data(:,1)

   contour = gsn_csm_contour(wks, val ,res) ; (wks, data(:,2) ,res)

Good luck