Re: ut_calendar error

From: Daniel Adriaansen <dadriaan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 09 2011 - 08:37:47 MDT

Hi Mary,

I tried all kinds of things with the UDUNITS variables, setting one to
point to the xml file in the 6.0.0-beta installation, unsetting it, and
everything in between. In the end, I was unsuccessful. I just decided
to upgrade my system anyway. Now I am running Ubuntu-11 (latest
release) and everything works fine.

One other comment from my original e-mail, was regarding the
cd_calendar() function. I can't seem to get this to work in the
6.0.0-beta version of NCL. I found the function page on the website
about it, but it doesn't say I need to load any additional scripts, or
that it isn't available in the beta all it says is that it will be
available as of V6.0.0. ut_calendar() still works fine for me, I just
wanted to let you know cd_calendar() does not. Output below:

 Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0-beta
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0> a = 1304916770
ncl 1> b = cd_calendar(a,0)
fatal:Undefined identifier: (cd_calendar) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 1

-Dan