Re: About Search Engine

From: Chad Herman <chad.herman.us_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 12:28:45 MDT

I've noticed that if you do a search from the little search box in the
upper right hand corner, everything goes fine. But if you refine that
search or even repeat the search in the search results page, you get an
error:

404. That’s an error.
The requested URL
/custom?hl=en&site=u%2Fncar&output=u%2Fncar&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=daily+to+monthly+average&btnG=Search
was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Try it out for yourself, go to:
http://www.googlesyndicatedsearch.com/u/ncar?sa=Search&q=daily+to+monthly+average

Now click search. Also, as a previous author noted, so many non-NCL
related sites show up. I found that short of using google to search
site:ncl.ucar.edu, just typing "NCL" will filter out a lot of the noise.

Chad