Re: Vector plots for irregular spaced 1D data

From: Hobbs, Will R (3244-CalTech) <William.R.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 15:40:44 MDT

Andrew

I can think of two methods, depending on how you want your plot to look.
One way to do this which I "think" would work would be to create 'dummy'
2-d arrays of U and V (with appropriate lat/lon coords), with all values
set to missing except for the locations identified by you 1d lat/lon
fields; the function getind_latlon2d might be helpful in this regard
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/getind_latlon2d.shtm
l).

Another way of doing this would be to plot the winds using the wmbarbmap
procedure over a regular contour map
(http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wmbarbmap.shtml).

Will