missing data on wrf sample plots

From: Christopher Steele <christopher.steele_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 26 2011 - 04:17:51 MDT

Hi everyone,

I've been using modified scripts from the WRF tutorial website and am
confused as to why on many of the scripts they do not plot to the surface.
I've noticed this for both the skew-T and idealized cases. Having plotted
the sea breeze example, looking at the lower 10km, it looks like there is no
data for the lower 400m. At first I thought this was to do with the input
sounding for the model, but the same effect is seen on the skew-T plots as
well as a few others. Does anyone have any idea as to why this may be?

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/wrf_Sea2x.htm

cheers

Chris