Removing missing values from a 3D array

From: Justin Glisan <glisanj_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2011 - 12:26:39 MDT

Hello,

I have a script that cuts out a sub-region within an Arctic domain. Then I
use a sea ice and ocean mask to get only the land points. When I print out a
variable, say precipitation, I get a value for all grid points within the
sub-region, but outside the "box" the printed value is -999. I would like to
remove these values from the outputted ascii file, as they take up a lot of
space. Is there anyway to have only the "sub-region" outputted?

Thank you,

Justin