Re: Histogram label bar

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 07:46:14 MDT

Hi Seth,

The best way to make one plot appear as an annotation of another plot, and to
position it wherever you like, is to use gsn_add_annotation.

We have a page of annotation examples:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/annotate.shtml

You might want to look at example 6, as it shows how to add a plot outside another plot.

The key to getting the necessary space to fit all the plots is to use maximize_output at the
end to resize all the plots.

If you just want to put a labelbar on a plot, then look at example 2 on the same page.
This labelbar is added inside the plot, but you can attach it outside the plot using gsn_add_annotation.

--Mary