Cone factor argument in wrf_uvmet function

From: jonathan meyer <tallj03_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 27 2011 - 13:31:50 MDT

Hello,I am attempting to transform grid relative winds from several various WRF simulations utilizing different map projections to Earth relative wind components. I would like to utilize the wrf_uvmet function within NCL ( http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_uvmet.shtml ). NCL documentation on this function is a rather vague regarding the description of the last argument needed. (coneA scalar value. The cone factor used in the model domain projection.) What is this cone factor argument, where do I find the cone factors for each of my WRF simulations?Also, I am not sure if the example at the end of the function description page was purposefully cutout but it seems to be missing quite a bit below where the page ends. In fact, the example for the wrf_uvmet function doesn't even include the function itself. As it reads:Example 1The function wrf_user_getvar, (available in the $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl script) can also be used to calculate many diagnostics in one step.load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"a = addfile("wrfout_d01_2000-01-24_12:00:00.nc","r")time = 1uvm = wrf_user_getvar(a,"uvmet",time) ; umet and vmet averaged to mass points; This is a 4D array where; uvm(0,:,:,:) is umet, and; uvm(1,:,:,:) is vmet, and; This function rotate winds to earth coord.I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on where to find what scalar value my 'cone' argument should be, as well as any comments on the example that seems to be missing the pertinent information to describe the function.Thanks in advance,Jon MeyerUtah State UniversityDepartment of Plants, Soils and Climate