Poor localization in terms of font tables in NCL

From: <ekin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 21 2011 - 02:57:16 MDT

Dear all,

NCL/NCARG is now at version 6, however, a font table is still lacking to
produce special characters with accents, umlauts and also Turkish "i". The
only way to produce such characters is an ugly, but clever hack:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/text_14.ncl. And there
appears to be no way to produce Turkish "i" as far as I tried. I believe
this feature request should not be delayed anymore in such a decent tool
like NCL/NCARG. It is only a new font table to be added to include such
characters.

Regards,

Ekin