Odd plots of contours and shading

From: Yang Yang <yang123yang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jul 31 2011 - 17:44:50 MDT

Hello:

I used the same terrain data to plot the terrain height with both contours and shading. Basically I used two methods:

1. For this one, I used gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,ter,res2)to show both contours and color shading. The color of area from 100 - 200 m is the same as area from 200 - 300 m. However, on the label color table, they are different. The color for area from 200 - 300 m was not shown. The diagram Plot1.eps and the ncl script plot_1 are attached.

2. For this one, I used gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay(wks,ter,ter,res1,res2) to show both contours and color shading. The color of area from 0.1 - 100 m is the same as area from 100 - 200 m. However, on the label color table, they are different. The color for area from 100 - 200 m was not shown on the diagram.
The diagram Plot2.eps and the ncl script plot_2 are attached.

I cannot figure out the reasons. I attached the plots and ncl scripts here to seek help from you. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Ed