Re: Add points of interes to a background map

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 14:49:42 MDT

You're having trouble with shapefiles_point.ncl, correct?

If so, then I think I know what the problem is. You need to add:
res@gsnDraw = False ; do not draw the plot
res@gsnFrame = False ; do not advance the frame (=flip the page)

You correctly call draw(map) and frame(wks) after the polymarkers are
drawn, but you need to tell NCL to not draw the plot or advance the
frame until the polymarkers are drawn. Without that, any polymarkers
will not be added properly.

Note that in your aeornavegacion_300.ncl script, you set
pltres@PanelPlot = True. What this does (behind the scenes) is to set
gsnDraw = False and gsnFrame = False when you call the WRF plotting
function wrf_map_overlays, which again is a necessary precondition to
using any of the gsn_add_* functions..

Hope that helps! Adam