skewT

From: steve kirby <thin_runner_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 29 2011 - 11:16:14 MDT

Hello, I'm using wrf_SkewT.ncl to generate skewT plots from WRF data.  All is well except that the vertical profile of wind speed and direction (wind barbs) is overlaid by the temperature/dew point temperature plot (the green and white shaded area), below 5km.   My best guess is that the positioning is setup in: $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/skewt_func.ncl in that, I do see a couple of references, xWind=skewtx(45.,skewty(presWind(0))) sx(0:npres-1)=xWind; "x" location of wind plot but not being versed in NCL I wouldn't know how to change the positioning correctly. Could someone pls advise? Thanks much, Steve