Mixed Grib1/Grib2

From: Carl Schreck <Carl.Schreck_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2011 - 10:18:55 MDT

I am trying to read some ECMWF operational analysis and forecast data.
Apparently these files contain both grib1 and grib2 data within the same
file. Is there an option that allows NCL to read these types of files?
Currently, ncl_filedump gives me this error:

$ ncl_filedump D1D08250600082506001.grib
 Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
g2_info: can only decode GRIB edition 2.fatal:Could not extend memory for
GRIB v2 data.
fatal:Could not open (D1D08250600082506001)

Variable: f
Type: file
(0) File Missing Value : -1

Thanks!