specxy_anal

From: Anne Seidenglanz <a.seidenglanz_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2011 - 12:48:39 MDT

Hi,

I am new to NCL and used the 'specxy_anal' script to read in two time
series to calculate their cospectra as well as phase and coherence
spectra. In terms of analysis of the results, I was wondering if
anyone knew how exactly these spectra are calculated, especially the
phase and coherence, or where I can find information on this?

In the script this is only stated as :

'spec = specxy_anal(time series 1,time series 2, d, sm, pct)'

whereby 'spec_anal' calculates everything; phase, coherence etc. are
only attributes of 'spec' for which no further details are shown.

d, sm, pct only refer to detrending, smoothing and tapering of the series

Any help appreciated,
Thanks,
Anne