Re: emacs ncl-mode is still being maintained.?

From: Carl Schreck <carl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 20 2011 - 07:31:02 MDT

ncl.el has been updated more recently than 2003. It's just that nobody has
changed the date in the file. Poor programming practice on our part, sorry!

As Dennis says, I don't think anyone is actively maintaining it. Instead,
whenever someone has an idea or sees a problem, they change it and resubmit
it to the NCL team. I look forward to seeing your improvements!

   Carl

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM, <shea@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> NCL developers do not maintain or create the various editor enhancements.
> These were all donated by users.
>
> If you do improvr the emacs editor for NCL, please feel free to donate the
> upgrade.
>
> Good luck
>
> > Greetings!!
> >
> > is emacs ncl-mode is still being maintained.? I am asking this because I
> > see from the source, last change was made ages ago in 2003.
> >
> > I have few problems with indentation and syntax highlight. If its not
> > maintained anymore I will try to hack it myself. (my elisp foo is not
> > good though).
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > PS: the earlier mail didn't show up in the mailing list. apologies if
> > this is a duplicate mail
> > --
> > YYR

Carl J. Schreck III, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS-NC)
North Carolina State University and NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
Tel: 828-257-3140
c <carl.schreck@noaa.gov>arl@cicsnc.org