Re: masking

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Sep 18 2011 - 16:54:24 MDT

Hi Fernando,

It's hard to tell which part of this plot is from the shapefile, so
I'm not sure which areas you want masked out.
In the future, it would help if you could provide your script, and
even better if you can provide your data too.

Generally, if you want to mask out certain areas, the easiest thing to
do is fill in these map areas with white.
If your contours are going halfway through a country, however, it'

See example "maponly_22.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml#ex22

It shows how to use the mpFillAreaSpecifiers resource to specify which
areas to fill in.
You need to provide a corresponding mpSpecifiedFillColors resource to
indicate which color
you want for each area.

--Mary