Re: emacs ncl-mode is still being maintained.?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 27 2011 - 09:49:13 MDT

Thanks Carl.

I've added this, and I added a preliminary "gen_editor_utils.ncl" script which
has some functions for generating all the list of functions, procedures,
resources, keyword names, and operators in NCL.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Files/gen_editor_utils.ncl

Once you download the file, you can use it as follows:

load "gen_editor_utils.ncl"

fp_names = get_ncl_procs_and_funcs() ; Use this or
fp_names = get_ncl_procs_and_funcs_by_cat() ; this---not both!
res_names = get_ncl_resources()
key_names = get_ncl_keywords()
op_names = get_ncl_operators()
These functions use "wget" to retrieve the appropriate NCL documentation page
from the web, and then read in this file to generate the appropriate list.

--Mary