NCL Array Assembly for write_matrix

From: Quelet, Paul T (E R WP AM TI) <paul.quelet_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 27 2011 - 09:43:25 MDT

Dear NCL Help,

I am trying to assemble two one-dimensional arrays, each of which is exactly 73 values, from a WRF forecast. The first variable comes from wrf_user_list_times() and the other is from WRF_Times2Udunits_c(). That means the first array is a double and the second is a string. I am able to extract the year, month, day, etc. from the date string using str_get_cols() and then convert them to integers using stringtoint.

What I want to do is write out both strings side-by-side to an ascii type file using the write_matrix() command and give a header. I am fine with modifying the format of the date string. I have tried array_append_record() as well as table_attach_columns() to no avail.

Can someone help me? This seemed straightforward, but was not sure if there is an NCL way to assemble two 1D arrays together side by side into a new array to be able to print out using write_matrix. Thanks in advance for any help!!

--Paul Quelet

SIEMENS
Paul T. Quelet
Meteorologist