Re: reading data with different increment

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 06 2011 - 14:15:20 MDT

Hi Ahmed,
There are two ways to subscript: by using coordinate values, or by using
index values. I believe you are confusing the two methods here.

Coordinate subscripting uses { } to denote that you are specifying
coordinate values (latitude/longitude values in your case)

elv = f->z({j1:j2:20},{i1:i2:20})
elv = f->z({j1:j2},{i1:i2})
elv = f->z({j1:},{:i2})

Index subscripting doe not:
elv = f->z(0:100:10,5:125:5})
elv = f->z(::10,::5})
elv = f->z(5::10,5::5})

Note that in either case, the specified stride value must be an integer..

In your case, I think you want this:
elv = f->z({j1:j2:20},{i1:i2:20})

Hope that helps..
Adam