Re: add local grib2 table definition

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 03 2011 - 12:50:55 MDT

Hi John,
I am somewhat confused by your request, because the error message you are getting suggests that the file you are trying to process is a GRIB 1 file and not GRIB 2. The intention of the GRIB 2 effort was to reduce the need for locally defined tables. Currently there is no way for a user to add a locally-defined table to NCL's GRIB2 code tables. But as I said, your file seems actually to be GRIB 1. If you don't think that is correct, you can upload the file using the instructions at on the NCL web site under Support > Report Bugs. Please then let me know the name of the file.
Thanks,
 -dave