Re: curly vector arrow density

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 11:22:16 MDT

Hi Joe,
Curly vectors are implemented under-the-hood as an alternate form of streamlines. When a vector is long enough to pass over grid boxes neighboring its point of origin, those boxes are excluded from consideration for starting a new vector. So yes, there is some automatic thinning taking place, and there is for now no way to turn this feature off. The only possibility is to set the reference length to a short enough value that high magnitude vectors stay within a single grid box. Not a satisfactory solution I expect. We can consider adding an option to override this behavior.
 -dave