Re: ncl colormap

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Oct 09 2011 - 16:33:57 MDT

You didn't provide your data, so I'm not sure why you are getting the
colors that you are.

Also, I don't know what color table you're using, since it is local to
your directory. I'm assuming that "WhViBlGrYeOrReWh.rgb" is the same
one that we provide with NCL. If so, then it looks like the
GetFillColor function is returning index values from
about 71 to 83. This has to do with the cnLevels array that you're
using, so try adding some debug prints to your code to see what the
range of your data is.

You can look at the "GetFillColor" function yourself, to see how it
calculates the values. I've attached it here.

My suggestion is to not use the GetFillColor example, and instead
write your own function to determine what color you want based on your
values. Or, try a different color table. The one you are trying to
copy is very similar to the "amwg" color table, only in reverse. You
could try the amwg color table, but reverse it with
gsn_reverse_colormap.

--Mary