continental borders with T31

From: Anne Seidenglanz <A.Seidenglanz_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 09:19:41 MDT

Hi,

I have been plotting global fields of ocean temperature from the T31
resolution version of CCSM3. Due to the low resolution, however, the
continental borders appear rather box-shaped.. so I was wondering if
anyone knew how to 'smooth out' the continental borders, with some
kind of interpolation perhaps? So far I have assigned some color to
areas with missing values which in this case are the continents.

Thanks for your help,
Anne